Our Munchkin Nursery Projector & Sound System Is The Holy Grail For Baby Sleep
Just as you lay your head on your pillow, as your eyes get heavy, right before you're about to drift away to a good night's rest... that's when it hits you. WAAAAAAAA! Your baby is awake and you have no choice but to come to the rescue. If your child is like mine, sleeping through the night is something only heard of in fairy tales. My son is now a year old, and I've tried everything to get him to sleep through the night. He wakes up every few hours and I have to rock him back to sleep or he just won't go back down!
For his birthday he got a Munchkin Nursery Projector & Sound System. It has a built in night lite, music, soothing sounds and a neat projector that projects lovely pictures on the ceiling. The best part? It's sound activated! That means when your baby cries it will turn on, playing music and projecting cute little moving pictures onto the wall or ceiling! I was really excited to try it out so the first night he got it we placed it next to the crib. I aimed the projector onto the ceiling and set it up with the settings I wanted. I wasn't sure how well it would work, since Junior is quite fussy when he wakes up at night.
I laid him down at 8:00 Pm, his normal routine. I put him to bed, and shut out the light. I laid down that night, wondering how this new gadget would work for us. After being asleep for a few hours, I heard it. WAAAAAAAAA! "Oh no, here we go" I thought, fixing to get up and help him back to sleep. Then I heard the nursery projector/sound system kick on. The sound of Mozart interrupted my crying baby, and I looked over and could see the beautiful sheep dancing across his ceiling. Mozart quickly replaced his cries, and he laid their looking up at the pictures. I waited curiously, and to my surprise he fell right back to sleep. I didn't even have to get out of bed!
I could just hear the hallelujah chorus in my head, "Wow, this thing really works" I thought. I went back to sleep wondering if I just got lucky or if it would work again the next time he woke up. Sure enough, a few hours later he awoke again and was quickly put back to sleep by the soft music and beautiful pictures. I was on cloud 9, and so happy that this amazing system had worked! It's been a while now, and he's still loving it! He really loves his Munchkin Nursery Projector & Sound System. I have been able to get much more rest, and he is so much happier at night. I even went to get him out of bed one morning and he didn't want out of his crib because he was too busy staring at the cute projections on the ceiling!
So I had to let everyone know about this amazing product! I love it, my baby loves it, and for us it is the Holy Grail for baby sleep! I only have one regret, and that is not finding out about this sooner! I would definitely recommend this to all the moms out there, you will be so glad you bought this. I'm extremely relieved to finally be able to get some sleep!
Munchkin Nursery Projector Sound System Features
- A night light, that is a very calming shade of blue. It is a soft glow that is just enough to be able to see and check in on the baby if you need to.
- Voice activated projector, with three different images: a pretty sky with sheep, a sea with cute fish, or a calming rainforest. The lens makes the images rotate across the ceiling so it's like they are moving.
Voice Activated Sound System
- 4 sounds that are very calming: a heartbeat that replicates being in the mother's womb for smaller babies, ocean sound which I find very soothing, white noise, and a lovely rain sound
- 3 Lullabies: Brahms Lullaby, Rock a Bye Baby, and Hush Little Baby
- 3 Mozart: Twinkle Twinkle (my son's favorite), Eine Kleine Nachtmusik which is nice, and Mozart Lullaby (another one we really like)
- Sleep timer, that you can set for 15, 30, or 60 minutes (usually we set it at 15 minutes which gives my son enough time to fall back asleep)
- The Voice Activation mode is optional, it will turn on the projector or sound (or both!) whenever it hears your baby cry or making sounds. I love this feature, and being able to turn it on or off based on your needs. It works great- turning on as soon as our son starts crying!
- Plugs right into the wall, with a generous cord length!
- Comes with a 1 year limited warranty which is always nice
Check out these great videos for a better look at this amazing system!
In these videos you can get a better look, one parent even takes us through all the functions and features of this Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System. I love the way he explains everything, and shows you what all this product does! If you get one, this is also a very helpful video to show you how everything works (although it's fairly easy to figure out), still nice to have a place to go if you need help with something.
There are several photos of my projector sound system below as well, including many photos of the wall projections!
I thought this was a great video review, that shows all the features and functions!
Photo GalleryClick thumbnail to view full-size
Below is another helpful product to help baby sleep. If your still having trouble getting baby to sleep you might want to check out "The Best Baby Sleep Tips Ever" which I found very helpful, below is the link:
This is also a great product that would compliment the nursery projector/sound system quite well. It is a mattress pad that you put under the crib mattress and it vibrates helping the baby fall back to sleep- I haven't bought this but I've seen great reviews and it was suggested to go with this sound system so I might give it a try!
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.